Monday, November 3, 2008

Thoughts during Voting Season

Here I am - eleven months into the year, the night before the presidential elections, and on a site that I had intended to write on for well over a month now. As much as I enjoy writing, I remain hesitant to record my thoughts and/or even to draw conclusions. Earlier today, I had so many ideas of what I wanted to say. It's hard to focus and just speak on one topic at a time. But I've gotta start somewhere!

As we're on the eve of voting in a new president, my prayer is that I would be honoring to God in how I vote, in how I pray for leadership, in how I treat my fellow Americans, in how I train my children to view opposing opinions, in how I trust God's sovereignty, and in how I can make a difference in the little corner where I live. I believe that both tickets want the best for America, yet I place my full confidence in my God who knows what the future holds and who ultimately holds ME! I pray that we as Christians can lean fully on the Lord, rather than men, politics, and even America's history. I pray that we can be a light to the world and serve our fellow man humbly and graciously. I will endeavor to impact my family and community with an "attitude of fortitude." Psalm 86:8-11 says, "Among the gods there is none like you, O Lord; no deeds can compare with yours. All the nations you have made will come and worship before you, O Lord; they will bring glory to your name. For you are great and do marvelous deeds; you alone are God. Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name." This is my hope, my prayer, and my daily aim.