Sunday, November 16, 2008

Something to Say with Passion

We just went to two concerts (Sat./Sun.) featuring Matthew West. What a great weekend! I love his music, his style, and his lyrics. His songs really preach to my soul! I worshipped as if I were already in heaven! I appreciate how he has a renewed passion to live out loud for Christ, especially after having vocal chord surgery. It's in those times when it seems most dark and unclear that God's presence can be most felt. I know God's going to continue using Matthew as He has brought him through some tough times.

Tonight my daughter went to the concert with a few friends. I am almost speechless as I witnessed my daughter's heart for God. She was in tears because she felt there were some folks who were disregarding Matthew's message. She felt they were ultimately disregarding God and it just broke her heart. She has been yearning for strong Christian friends. Yet, perhaps she is the one who will need to stand alone for Christ and point others to Him. It's really tough seeing your child cry. It makes me stay on my knees for my children, praying that God would be their complete sufficiency and that they would be a true and loving light to the people with whom they are around. I am so grateful that Rick and I are very sensitive to their spiritual struggles. And though it's tough to watch them go through trials, I am so thankful because I know that it is during these difficulties that they grow in their faith and learn to stand for Christ, loving others no matter how great the pain. May Jesus Christ be praised through it all!