Friday, November 14, 2008

Kids make the proudest parents! (in the right sense of the word 'proud') :)

I know Scripture says that "there is no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth." I believe that wholeheartedly and I am experiencing glimpses of great joy when I see character and humility ooze out of my children's hearts and mouths. I am deeply moved when I witness their compassion and understanding. I'm thrilled when I see their love for Christ and others. This is always the greatest prayer and delight. I understand that they are still growing and learning what it means to be a Christian, walking daily in the truth.

However, I want to talk about the great joy it is to see my children excel in skills. It's a different kind of joy (surely a proud one!) that I feel as I sit in the stands and watch my daughter Charis cross the finish line at a meet. It's an uncontainable one as I stand on the sidelines and watch my son Connor get the rebound and power his way back up to score the basket. It's a satisfied one as I hear my son Cameron describe the scenarios at his swim practice. It's a contented one as I watch my son Caleb dance with such cool rhythms and timing or create awesome prisms with his GeoMags. Though these are just a small sampling of the skills our kids are learning, I'm so happy to watch them develop and attain various goals. It's real fun being a mom right now and I'm a joyful one at that! I just had to share a few of my proud, yet thankful, thoughts I feel toward my wonderful children. Children ARE a blessing from the Lord!