Monday, July 28, 2008

Reflecting on Being a Pastor's Wife

I'm sure this topic will come in a series. There are so many things that can be shared. Tonight I want to reflect on the privilege it is to be married to a pastor. Or, should I say, being married to MY husband (who happens to be a pastor). It has always struck me from the beginning of our relationship back in college how passionate Rick is for holiness. He desires above all things to be pure and set apart for Christ. He longs for his likeness, lifestyle, and lip to linger on the Lord. He pleads with his fellow pilgrims to keep their eyes on the cross and to wage war against sin and the flesh. Therefore, it is only certain that he desires holiness for me as well. Because this passion is so tenderly (usually) mixed with true love for me, I am wooed by his life. He is an example that I wish to follow, and a friend that I am blessed to have. No, life is not perfect. Just hang around us for a day to see how human and imperfect we are as a family! But being around a man who is completely sold out to Christ is infectious. Living daily with a godly man who has washed me many times over with the power of Scripture is influential. Being married to a man who is passionate for holiness, integrity and purity is humbling and exciting. Though life has its numerous challenges, I wouldn't want it any other way. Rick is a called man of God who is living obediently and vigorously. And I am so thankful to be called Pastor Rick's wife.