Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Great Expectations

This morning I've decided to take the step of actually returning to this site to add a post! It's been a little over a month since I've last written. I keep wanting, hoping, expecting...to write great things. But my great expectations have also been intimidating to me. Do I have the time? Will I have something worth saying? Does the reader care? What style, tone, voice, etc. do I possess in my writing? Suffice it to say, unless I begin I can never know nor improve! So I'm putting one foot in front of the other to take a step today.

As I am continually reminded, life is a series of choices and steps. After a foundation is built, it is essential to keep the momentum moving forward. I know the importance of laying one brick at a time, loving God with all your mind, planning for the future, evaluating the events, setting goals for future direction, reflecting on the goodness of God and His faithfulness, keeping a joyful spirit along the way, praying for more grace and strength to finish strong, coming alongside fellow journeymen to gain/give encouragement and hope, looking for opportunities to bless and help those in all kinds of need, maintaining the privilege of serving your OWN family (which is a top priority) first, and anything else that I may have left out for successfully maneuvering through life. I do not intend to sound as if I fail to recognize God's sovereignty in the affairs of my life. Please hear my heart. In my trusting of God, I want to do my part in this life. So help me God.

2 Corinthians 9:8 - "And God is able to make ALL grace abound to you, so that in ALL things at ALL times, having ALL that you need, you WILL abound in every good work."

1 Corinthians 15:58 - "Therefore, my dear ones, stand firm. Let NOTHING move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you KNOW that your labor in the Lord is NOT in vain." PRESS ON!