Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I just sent my oldest child to Freshman orientation!

It seems like yesterday when Rick and I stood with Charis by the bus stop as she was entering kindergarten. Once she boarded, we hustled to our car and drove to the school so we could watch her exit the bus! It was so much fun. We laugh about it to this day. This morning, I dropped her off at Merced High, knowing that she knew absolutely no one there, and praying that the Lord would reveal to her in the proper time just one godly friend. We're excited for her again, and very thankful for our relationship with her. She has a heart that wants to please God and reach out to people. God's grace from start to finish is what we revel in! So as we take another step in this journey of life, my prayerful heart is simply trusting God for all the unknowns that future brings. The real test will be when we send off our boys for THEIR first day of school!! Pray!