Friday, August 29, 2008

Happy 13th birthday, Connor

I now officially have two teenagers in our home now. It is such a fun and rewarding season of life. My friends tell me that once they start high school, time just flies by and then they're out of the home. I want to heed their wisdom and take full advantage of the time remaining. Charis is 14 and is fast becoming a dear friend. (I'm so glad the Lord gave us ONE daughter!) Although Connor is only in 7th grade, he is 5'9" in a size 13 shoe, and is maturing in many visible ways. I think of our Lord when he was growing up on earth (Luke 2:52) - increasing in wisdom, stature, and in favor with God as well as with others. This is just a note to recall the amazing grace of God that we see in Connor's life. We took him out to breakfast yesterday and asked him how he's seen God working in his life. He shared with us that he's been more faithful in reading the Bible and that he's been praying so much more than he had in the past. We were so encouraged because he was able to share with us a little of how he's in a true relationship with Christ. Of how it's a back-and-forth communication of God and man. I love the more mature conversations that we are beginning to have. I love the development that I'm starting to see in his character and mindset. Sure, there's a very long way to go, but I want to focus on the growth and leadership that he is wanting and trying to demonstrate. Connor, as our first son, you are a young man of honor and purity. We pray that you continue to trust God completely and worship him with your lifestyle. We're your number one support team and we love you unswervingly! Now...on to manhood!