Sunday, June 1, 2008

Growing Older

Thank you to Charis, my one and only precious daughter, for setting up a blogsite for me as a birthday present. It's hard to believe that she is now 14 years old. Last Tuesday night was her graduation ceremony from 8th grade. It was beautiful. She gave an eloquent speech on "The Lasting Impact of Making Good Decisions." In addition, she played a violin piece that I was able to accompany on the piano. Now she is entering high school and my prayer for her is that she would love Christ more and more. I hope that she'll meet friends on whom she will have a positive impact. I pray for her to remain pure and grow in her internal beauty. I trust Rick and I will be a safe retreat for her to come to whenever she wants. Most of all, I hope that she'll run to the Lord for her every issue and find hope in the Bible. What a great privilege and opportunity! It's awful fun having a daughter to love.